During the consultation we will also evaluate your health and any pre-existing conditions you might have. We’ll discuss all of your options with you and recommend treatment. In addition to this, we’ll need to take some photographs of you, and discuss any complications or risks.
How to Prepare for your Tummy Tuck
- We might ask you to have a medical evaluation to ensure you’re safe to undergo this procedure
- We might ask you to adjust some of your current medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking any anti-inflammatory medications, aspirin, or herbal supplements.
What to Expect During the Procedure
During your tummy tuck we will carry out the following steps:
- Administer anesthesia. We will recommend you have either general anesthesia or intravenous sedation.
- The incision – A horizontal-oriented incision will be made between the belly button and the pubic bone. Another incision will be made around the navel if we need to remove excess skin. The skin in the upper abdominal area is pulled down and any excess skin is trimmed. The remaining skin will be sutured. The belly button will be taken through to the surface and sutured.
- Clips, tapes, skin adhesives, or sutures will close all of the incisions.
Bandages or dressings will be applied to the areas where the incisions were made. You might also be wrapped in a compression garment or a bandage. This is to support your abdomen while you heal. Tubes might be placed under your skin to drain excess fluid or blood
Your surgeon will give you instructions as to how to care for the site, which medications you should take, and what to look out for. You will also have a follow-up appointment with your surgeon to check if your incisions are healing properly.
While there might be some initial swelling, you should find that after two weeks the swelling has disappeared. You should have a flatter, firmer abdomen that is in proportion to the rest of your body.
Please note, there might be some scarring. The scar could take a few months and up to a year to fade. This is normal. Please make sure you always follow your surgeon’s advice so your tummy tuck is more likely to be a success.
Contact Us Today For A Tummy Tuck Consultation
Contact us today if you would like to book a tummy tuck or if you have any questions. We are here to help you look good and feel more confident. We are also here to put your mind at ease. If you live in Scottsdale and you’re considering having a tummy tuck, talk to us. Dr. William M. Jacobsen, M.D has more than 20 years of experience and is known to be one of the best plastic surgeons in the area.
We’re here for you. Contact us today so you’re one step closer to having a flatter abdomen and much more confidence.